Canada Summer Jobs
CSJ is a program under the Youth Employment and Skills Strategy, which aims to provide flexible and holistic services to help all young Canadians develop the skills and gain paid work experience to successfully transition into the labour market.
Organization/Student Role: Nonprofit employers, private and public sector employers registered with the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA). The organization must have a CRA payroll deductions program account (RP) prior to hiring students through the CSJ program.
- A Canadian Citizen, permanent resident, or a protected person defined by the immigration and Refugee Protection Act
- Registered as a full-time student in a post-secondary institution program
- Not an international student requiring (or on) a work permit
- Not an immediate family member of the employer
- A registered Canadian business or organization
- Not a federal or provincial government organization
- Financially capable of hiring a student for a part- or full-time work term, pay them consistently and provide a meaningful work experience
- Remember that final decisions lie with the SWPP funding partners. This serves as a general guideline for employers’ reference